Monday, April 25, 2016

TCC 6-2 Google Cardboard

This has been a learning school year. My status changed slightly and I become the mother of 150+ iPads that needed supervision, updating and redistribution...after the Configurator 2 was available. This was a steep learning curve for an Apple newbie.And now we have a school which is beginning the process for Google Classroom (on iPads). So I am again trying to gain a foothold by working on my Google Level 1 Certification.
That preface is to help you understand how I found the Google Cardboard appliances and app while looking for Google Groups to find uses for the discussion and mailing list. So hidden in the MORE of Google's matrix of tools was one I had never heard of...Google Cardboard?


retrieved 4/25/16 at 12:06pm

My childhood flashed and there were discs of pictures with story lines for the viewer. This requires a device, an app with photos/videos which will give a virtual tour. It isn't Aurasma or Layar...but it used a 3D image to put you "there."
Take a look...lots of cool viewers for around $15 or one you can make...there are pricey ones, too.